WCF rules will be used throughout the tournament subject to the following modifications:
- All games will be 8 ends throughout the competition. Minimum 6 ends
to be played on televised sheets, no minimum for rest of games.
- The free guard zone will apply in all games using the 5 stone rule.
- 1st team named in draw shall play Red stones and have 1st practice/LSD, except first game for each Mens team (see rule 4).
- For each Mens team’s first game a coin toss will determine 1st/2nd practice, stone colour as per scoreboards.
- Practice consists of one stone thrown to the home end.
- LSD: 1st team chooses rotation, 2nd team MUST play opposite rotation. Any player can throw the LSD.
- If both teams LSD is equal, a coin toss will decide Hammer but the measurement will stand for total LSD.
- Mens: Best 4 of the 5 LSDs will count towards total for ranking.
- Ladies: Best 3 of the 4 LSDs will count towards total for ranking.
- In the event of a drawn game one extra end will be played. If the teams remain level after the extra end, one draw to the button by a nominated player will determine the winner.
- If a team runs out of time on games under time clocks then they lose the game, although the LSD result will stand for ranking (if required).
- In games under time clocks, no time outs are allowed but teams will be given additional thinking time instead, ie 32 minutes for 8 ends and 5 minutes for an extra end.
- Teams will be ranked in their sections based on WCF Rule C9(b) – most wins, head to head result(s) if equal wins, then LSD if required.
- Once teams are ranked choice of Hammer and stone colour will follow current WCF rules.
- Mens: top teams in the section plus the 2nd place teams advance to the
quarter finals. If needed one tiebreak game per section in Draw 12.
- Ladies: teams will be ranked in their sections based on rule 13 above. No tiebreak games will be played.
- Ladies: The top 2 ranked teams in each section will be ranked against each other 1-6 in a new group based on WCF Rule C9(b) – most wins, head to head result (if applicable), then LSD if required (again best 3 from 4 LSD). The teams ranked 1 and 2 in this new group will qualify direct to the semifinals. The team ranked 3-6 will play in the quarter finals.
- The correct WCF Policies and Rules for Brush Heads and Brushing will apply.
- Rules on discipline/conduct will follow the current Scottish Curling rules (copy included in Welcome Pack) as well as Perth Masters Code of Conduct.
Chief Umpire: David Imlay
Deputy Chief Umpire: Alan Stanfield
Chief Timer: Graeme Prophet
Deputy Chief Timer: Harold Forrester